Thursday, July 4, 2013

Strains of Medicinal Marijuana I purchased. 06/25/2013

Well, the first thing I recommend is not to smoke a bowl (it was just a small pinch) and think you can start writing in your Blog. Woke up this morning around 3:00 am, that was my PTSD trigger and not unusual for me to continue short and broken sleep patterns. Was hoping the Blueberry Kush I smoke before bedtime was going to work to get me past this inevitable wake up call that PTSD imposes on my life. 

Anyway, here is information about my First Purchase from the dispensary. I bought three strains of Medical Ganja:

1.) Blueberry Kush (or Kushberry)         7.0gms
2.) Grand daddy Kush 3.5 grams
3.) As a customer appreciation 
I received a small bottle of Head Band   1.0 grams FREE
Total Cost $139.00




Research on each strain

Blueberry Kush (or Kushberry) is the perfect blend of Blueberry and OG Kush. The Blueberry comes from the state of Oregon and recently won the 2000 High Times Cannabis Cup. Nobody knows for sure where OG Kush comes from, but the most plausible lineage links to it being a phenotype of Chemdawg. 
http://www.medicaljane.com/review/chemdawg-rumored-sour-d-og-kush-mix/

Darn I am going to need a dictionary!!!.. **What is a phenotype? The visible characteristics of an organism resulting from the interaction between its genetic makeup and the environment. 

Together, they create a combination worthy of an award on its’ own. Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970’s and is a 4X cup winner! Light fruity aroma, subtle Blueberry flavor, and long lasting euphoric effect. Indicas’ generally create a body high that is relaxing and medicinal. Indica has higher CBD than THC equals a much heavier, sleepy type of high, which is good for a variety of medical problems.

Strain: Indica Dominant …Grown: Indoors. “Blueberry Kush is a very heavy hitting Hybrid typically used by patients as a natural pain-reliever, appetite-booster, and sleep-aid.” Blueberry Kush is considered one of the strongest medicinal strains available. Known to have an unrivaled flavor that is only matched by its potency. Typically used by patients as a strong, natural pain reliever, appetite booster, and sleep-aid. As with most Indica-dominant strains, Blueberry Kush tends to mainly affect the body, producing a significant body-melt that will creep up on you fast.

So they say. I did find it relaxing as far as the knock out effect, it was not enough to keep me asleep so right now at about 11:00 am I am feeling quite sleep deprived.

Around 6:00 am, I pinched a little Strain Named: Granddaddy Kush

Grand Daddy Kush is an amazing cross between Grand Daddy Purple (GDP) x Bubba Kush. The aroma is sweet and skunk like, Effects were not instant as claimed instant, However in about 15 minutes I felt very relaxed, and a great painkiller. Indicas generally create a body high that is relaxing and medicinal. 

Indica has higher CBD than THC equals a much heavier, sleepy type of high, which is good for a variety of medical problems. Humm not feeling sleepy, even though I have only had 4 hours sleep in the past 24 hours. But that is OK. I am focused on typing this up.

My buzz is surprisingly alert and energetic rather than sedating. This is a good smoke for taking a walk or being creative. I put together some cool charts; I copy/pasted from around the NET as I researched the strains I purchased. I used several charts and combined them into my own design for easy access later. However, just because they call it this or that, maybe you are not getting the exact strain.

Medicinally, this variety has given relief to cancer / chemotherapy patients. Granddaddy Purple has taken first prize in no less than four pot competitions: The Inglewood Medical Cannabis Cup in 2004 and the Green Cup in 2004, 2005, and 2006.

I could not actually find anything called Grand Daddy purple for charting just simply two-called granddaddy.
This was the free sample given to by the Dispensary because I had a New Comer coupon. I have not tried this Yet:

Although Headband is listed as a Sativa on many menus throughout California, the genetics are linked to Sour Diesel, Master Kush, and OG Kush…, which suggests the Headband strain is classified as an Indica-dominant Hybrid. 

Platinum Headband is a hybrid crossed with some of the best Indica genetics available – It is a Cross of OG Kush X Master Kush X Sour Diesel. Along with a strong medicating effect, the smoke is thick & heavy. The buds are frosted with trichomes (plants outer cell layer) and very dense. Indicas generally create a body high that is relaxing and medicinal. Indica has higher CBD than THC equals a much heavier, sleepy type of 
high, that is good for a variety of medical problems.

What is Sour Diesel is a cross between Soma’s NYC Diesel (Mexican Sativa and Afghani), and a legendary cutting known as ECSD (East Coast Sour Diesel). The scent offers unique fuel/lemony undertones. Strong thick smoke with a sour aftertaste. Great effects; starts with a head buzz followed by a mellow body buzz.

Strain: Sativa Dominant. The Sativa strains are more of a stimulant, effective in appetite stimulation, relieving depression, migraines, pain and nausea. 

Good Strain For: Anyone and Anything “Natural medication that is known to helps patients who are suffering from PTSD, anxiety, stress, migraines, and headaches.” Headband has to be one of the most entrancing hybrid strains reviewed yet. It literally feels like you are wearing a headband when you medicate with this strain! 

A spacey smoke session every time, we would classify this strain as a “heavy Hybrid” because it makes your head foggy (probably from the Sour Diesel). This makes Headband highly euphoric and provides a strong body buzz, presumably from the OG Kush. Headband is one of those strains you can smoke and just stare off into space for a few minutes, only to “snap” back into reality and wonder what just happened. Also good for minor pain relief without the physical fatigue associated with most Indica strains. Remember, Headband is a heavier hybrid so it would not be wise to medicate with this before work or something that needs your full, undivided attention. Regardless, this is always very uplifting medicine that is never disappointing.

Well OK then I will have to try this too and let you know how it goes. Especially on my PTSD situation. I have had PTSD since 1996 and have been told over and over again that there is no cure. The last psychiatrist I went to for help told me this little story about PTSD, which I posted here:

Imagine you are traveling down the road on a big motorcycle and you are not wearing a helmet. Suddenly a car hits you. This analogy would compare to the traumatic event that was the onset of my PTSD. The crash knocks you off your motorcycle and you go skidding on the pavement headfirst. There is a certain amount of brain damage that occurs. Bottom line is that the Traumatic event has changed me forever and I cannot fight my or medicate my way back to who I was. I can only hope to cope and know my triggers. 

Which I have learned my PTSD Triggers and know to look for an escape route not a confrontation. Since my triggers are many I find myself isolated for the most part. I have developed only casual friendships in the past 5 years or so. I very rarely pour my tragic story out to anyone anymore.

I may feel generous and post it here for those inquiring minds that want to know and understand me more. For now am just focusing on sharing my New Beginning as a Medical Cannabis Patient. BBL ♥GG

Resource Credits: blog.mjbud.com .. http://blog.mjbud.com/about-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment