Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My First Visit to the Dispensary

I guess the first thing I should have done before heading out to the Dispensary today was some Home-work on the chemical make-up for different types of Medicinal Ganja  I ended up buying 2 types of medicine and got a gram free for being a first timer.

I don't know why I always walk away from the Doctor Office feeling like I asked too many questions and took up too much of his valuable time. After all he must be a busy busy man since he books you an appointment time for which you are told to arrive 15 minutes early. When I get there I stand at the counter wondering why I showed up early again. But if I don't show up 15 minutes early I will be told I am late, so I comply. For what seems like an uncomfortable amount of time I am simply told to sign in and have a seat.

I sit for about 45 minutes past the appointment time which is really an hour because you showed up 15 minutes early as you were told to do on the phone. Finally my name is called. height, weight, blood pressure check etc. Then into the dreaded room, where they shut me in. I am freak'in claustrophobic so I have to crack the door back open. now almost another hour goes by and when the Doctor comes in, I never feel like he listens to anything I have to say.

Example: Last time I forced myself to go in I needed a refill on muscle relaxers, because my back and leg spasms were getting worse. I am told only take them if I really need them because I may become immune to them. Anyway I really needed them that month. He starts thumbing through my chart and asks me if I have hemorrhoids. OMG what is he going to try to sell me this time a colonoscopy (big money making test). So I very un-politely declined talking about eh subject.

I am the least patient person I know and if you push my bullshit button, well I just might go off on you, or say something kinda rude.

So, back to my dispensary experience the "caretaker" was very patient with me and I appreciated his willingness to listen and show me some charts. Even though I dropped a few "F" bombs, he was so polite and was never condescending.

So next time I will have studied the charts, and know a little more about the lingo. I found a pretty good chart and put it here for you and me to refer to if need be. Click on the picture to enlarge it -- BBL ♥ GG


Applyimng For Medicinal Marijuana  Green Card 06/06/2013

I have been trying for over a year to find out where to get a Medical Marijuana Card, with without much Luck. Our Capitol City of Phoenix has  dozens of Clinics. However due to my disabilities there has been no way for me to travel that far.

Finally through word of mouth I found the Doctor in my town. Finally I can go check this out and get some relief. My goal is to seriously cut down on the amount of Prescription Chemicals I am ingesting and to be quite honest I hate going to the Doctor. They are arrogant, short on time and do not have a clue what is in my file.

I guess there will be quite a few kinks that need to be worked out tradition the Medical Marijuana into a well oiled machine. I was the first one to arrive 15 minutes early. I am always early for everything I do. I irritate myself sometimes because I am a stickler about never being late. (obsessive hangups)

I arrive and am told that the Doctor is running late. So now I have 45 minutes to wait. OMG it is already 100 degrees outside. So I tell the person at the counter that I will run an errand and com back. So my name was put on the sign up sheet.

When i get back it turns out the Doctor was not late at all and I loose my place on the sign up sheet. OMG typical Doctor's lack of scheduling. I fill out more paper work, give copies of ID and turn over my medical records for review.. then I wait some more. Tap Tap Tap goes my foot as I sit in a metal folding chair. A torture apparatus for anyone with Spondylosis  of the spine with Peripheral Neuropathy

READ MORE
Finally I am sent through the door where the Doctor is waiting. It is a dingy storage room, crowded with a plethora of shelves. I have to do more paper work at a small card table with another dumb folding chair. With my spinal cord degeneration and degenerative arthritis now flared up I was becoming very irritable. I have never had an Abortion, but I would imagine this type of incognito Doctor visitation set up would compare to a backroom abortion clinic. Get in get out and leave your money.

Now I wait for my card to come in the mail. I guess the whole shabby set-up is a result of the bureaucratic bull shit with The Federal Government against Medicinal Marijuana  And Arizona is doing he best it can to help Patients that may benefit from he Herbal solution to pain and suffering.

I also suffer from PTSD so i have a low tolerance for Bullshit. yes I am a Medical mess. And I am praying that after all the red-tape. My card will be approved and I am my way to dumping a lot of prescription medications Like;

Flexeral, for spasms
Percocet, for pain
Ambien, for sleep
Trazadone, also for sleep and depression.
Naproxin for Inflammation.

All of which have had unfavorable side effects on me. Last but not least I take a drug called Neurotin which controls the numbness and tingling in my extremities. I have been physically screwed up since 1991 when I became disabled. In 1994 I attempted to go back to work at ITT Technical institute. I had my own office and most of my duties involved sitting at my desk, screening and qualifying student applicants and counseling student already enrolled. I was coping with the aid of Oxicotin, and it did not take long for me to become addicted.

Ok then 1996 an un-imaginable tragedy struck my life and withing the blink of an eye everything in my life changed. A death of my most precious friend, my son. Anyway it is a strange thing when the mind is altered and put into a state of shock, every stinking body malfunction or pain becomes intensified. It took a few years to get the PTSD diagnosis. Psychiatrist are a completely different breed of Doctor, they are even shorter on time ask a few quick questions and throw a prescription at you that might work if not next month there will be another new prescription.

Ok sharing all of that with you was just to hope you understand why I am determined to find an alternative  coping and pain relief, so that I can again lead a semi-normal existence.

So here I go onto an New Life Adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment